Bookings, Payments and Rental Conditions
- The minimum stay in Villa Arcadia is 7 nights in December / January / July / August, and 3 nights during the rest of the year, unless otherwise agreed with Villa Arcadia.
- The minimum number of persons is 2 per booking. The maximum number of persons staying in the villa is 8, including children, unless we confirm to you in written that additional persons are allowed.
- Children should be able to swim. By booking Villa Arcadia, you explicitly assume the responsibility for safety of children in and around the Villa. The booking has to include at least one adult person. The Renter has to be over 18 years old.
- Please do all your bookings by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full amount for rental and full / half board need to be paid by the Renter at the confirmation of booking before arrival. Bookings will remain firm provided we receive the amount due within 48 hours after our confirmation of booking by email, otherwise we reserve the right to assume you are no longer coming and will look to relet the villa.
- Payments can be made through bank transfer, Paypal or credit card on our account before arrival. The payments have generally to be made in EUR or US dollars. If the payments are made in Sri Lankan Rupees, an exchange rate has to be agreed in advance. The payment received has to equal the amount due, we are not responsible for bank and credit card charges. Payment by Paypal or credit card will be subject to 3.5 percent surcharge.
- Prices quoted on this web site may be subject to change without prior notice. However, once your booking has been confirmed, and your payment has been received, prices will not change.
- A security deposit equal to one day’s rent will be payable upon booking. The deposit will be used as security for any loss, damages and or charges incurred by you during your stay. This amount less any chargeable items will be returned to you within 10 days of your departure. In the improbable case that the damage exceeds the deposit amount, you hereby explicitely agree that your credit card can be charged additionally in that amount.
- As the next possibility for shopping proper food are in Madurankuli (10 km from the Villa), we strongly recommend to book full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner). We will provide you with free drinking water (filtered by US General Ecology filter), coffee and tea.
- Soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, or snacks are not included in your fees. You can order them from a local company.
- We make best efforts to make sure everything is working properly in the villa. However, due to weather, normal wear and tear etc., we cannot guarantee nothing is broken during your stay and generally speaking no refunds will be made if that is the case, although we may offer you a discount, depending on the gravity, speed of repair, and the price charged.
- We make best efforts to control insects in the Villa. On windy days over the summer months, there are virtually no moskito. However, we cannot guarantee that the Villa is insect-free, particularly in the rainy season. We strongly recommend you to bring enough insect repelent.
- Checkout cleaning is included in your fee.
- Please take time to read our website to get a full understandinng of the villa, its location, our eco philosophy etc., before booking.
- For cancellations more than 60 days before the arrival date, 80% of the deposit amount will be refunded.
- For cancellations and/or amendments 30 – 60 days before the arrival date, 50% of the deposit amount will be refunded.
- For cancellations 1 – 29 days before the arrival date and for no-shows, there will be no refund.
- In the unlikely event a villa booking is cancelled by Villa Arcadia, full refund will be made.
- You agree:
- not to make any change, alteration or redecoration to Villa Arcadia (hereinafter sometimes referred to as the Villa) and to the 2.5 acres of land within the fence around the Villa (hereinafter sometimes referred to as the Land),
- not to remove any of the furniture or objects from the Villa and from the Land
- not to come to the Villa and to the Land in number greater than the number of persons specified in the booking form. It is maximum 8 persons, unless previously agreed in written by Villa Arcadia,
- not to come with children that cannot swim or are of age where you are not confident they will follow your instructions,
- not to come with pets and not to allow animals entering the Villa, unless previously agreed in written by Villa Arcadia,
- not to use the Villa other than as a private holiday residence for the people specified on the booking form
- not to let other people than specified in the booking form entering the Land or the Villa, with the exception of the Villa manager or the people allowed to enter by the Villa manager in written,
- not to sublet the property,
- not to behave in a way that might conceivably cause embarrassment to the Villa owner, the neighbors or others,
- to report to the owner or the Villa manager any defect in the property as soon as possible,
- to pay for repair or replacement of any item in the Villa and on the Land which is damaged during your stay except for reasonable and normal wear and tear,
- to pay a fee of US 50 per key card or safe box key in case of its loss or damage,
- to allow the Villa owner and manager, or people allowed to enter by the Villa manager or owner, to enter the Villa and the Land
- to allow the owner and or his representatives with or without workmen to enter to carry out repairs which may be necessary during your stay
- not to stay within 3 meters of a coconut palm
- not to smoke in the Villa, the terraces and the pool, or near the fence of the Land
- to take every precaution so that no accidents happen in the Villa, on the Land, on the beach or in the ocean, and to assume responsibility for any accident or injury to the people specified in the booking form during their stay in Villa Arcadia, particularly, but not exclusively, in the pool, on the staircases, near a palm tree, on the beach or in the ocean.
- not to hold the owner of Villa Arcadia, its employees, or related parties, responsible for any accident, injury or loss or damage of their property during their stay at Villa Arcadia
- to accept security cameras running (for your privacy, no security cameras are installed in the suites)
- to accept immediate cancellation of your stay in Villa Arcadia with no refund if you do not follow the above representations
- It is a CONDITION of booking that every member of your party is fully covered by travel insurance to include loss and damage to personal effects and medical insurance to include evacuation and repatriation as well as general travel insurance. By making a booking it will signify that you have done this and we will not remind you of this and you absolve the owner of Villa Arcadia or its representatives of any liability what so ever in this regard.
Links to other sites
- This Site may contain links to third party Web Sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Villa Arcadia of the contents on such third party Web Sites. Villa Arcadia and her associated parties are not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web Sites. If you decide to access linked third-party Web Sites, you do so at your own risk.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, neither the owner of Villa Arcadia or its representatives nor the Manager or any related party will be responsible for any financial loss or for damage to the belongings of any persons permitted to occupy the property or for any injury sustained by them or any member of their party whilst such persons are either staying at the property or travelling to, from, or in Sri Lanka whether on their way to the property or not. Villa Arcadia uses a number of organizations, agents and companies in providing transport and other services and shall not be held responsible in any way for their conduct and or injury and or loss sustained to or suffered by any member of the party or their companions for any reason whatsoever.